Roo with missing feathers and exposed skin

Hasgrits68

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 27, 2014
Ethridge TN

Yesterday I noticed our rooster had something strange looking under his wings. At closer examination I realized he had missing feathers under both wings but primarily worse under one. Bless his heart, I have no idea how this happened so quickly without my being aware. Im wondering if this is stress or mites. I dusted him with DE and sprayed the skin with poultry care although there is no visible wounds. This morning I took a very warm wet cloth and cleaned the areas which he did not argue about and then sprayed with the poultry care again. He is separated from his girls until he dries. Any other idea? Oh and I did not see any signs of mites on him and the girls all look fine.

That is odd. It could have just been rubbed or picked raw due to parasites, but it could also be an infection? Do they have roosting room? Do you have other roosters?

I hope I can help.

No other rooster, he is king lol. Although they have a huge roost I do notice that they buch up so close that I have seen him roosting standing up. I know every chicken is different in how they perch but they do crowd together.

Back
Top Bottom