1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

roo with pale comb and it is kinda flopped over on one side.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenman98, Jul 15, 2011.

1. chickenman98

chickenman98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    roo with pale comb and it is kinda flopped over on one side. whats wrong with him? he is a Japanese too. Is it the heat (we have up to 108° days and have lost a white rock already)? Or worms? Please help
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    sounds like it could be the heat. Bring him in and do a good search for anything that could be wrong. Separate him in a dog carrier and let him cool off. Provide cool water with EXTRA vitamins and electrolytes. (gatorade)

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Is he lethargic? Sometimes they do flop over and take a sun bath or just relax with the leg stretched out. I know it looks like they're dying. But pale comb? I'm thinking internal and/or external parasites.

4. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Hey, by the way, check his vent area for maggots.

5. chickenman98

chickenman98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Checked his vent no maggots. Wormed him a couple days ago and now his comb is a little darker.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by