Roof material question for run

DanielleinLA

Chirping
10 Years
Aug 12, 2011
Los Angeles
I am building a run about 7'x13' and am trying to cover it to keep raccoons and possums out (predators in my neighborhood). One side is a solid building wall, two are 3' concrete walls with chainlink above and the front side is hardware cloth. Entire run is 8' tall. The bottom is secure. I can't find affordable 7' wide HC and do not need a solid roof. It rarely rains and the run is shaded by an avocado tree. Will the predators climb up and get in the top if I use plastic deer fencing and not hardware cloth? Thank you in advance!

We have a 12' X 20' run and put chicken wire over the top. We also put a heavy duty tarp over it for added strength and for shade as well. We hope it is enough
fl.gif

Got metal roofs on runs got them free from local roofer. The coop is one color the run another but it was free & brand new.HC on any open areas. I used dog kennel panels for my runs.

Last edited:
I have 2x3 welded wire on top of my run. It is 4' wide and i used a 4x4 across the run to staple the edges of the wire together.

We are shingling our roof in the run. Right now we have welded wire, but we decided we wanted protection from the sun, rain and snow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom