1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Roof question...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by salsss, Apr 7, 2016.

1. salsss

salsss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2016
    Adirondacks, NY
    Hi there, we are constructing a coop and run...8x16 footprint. We plan on roofing the whole run, with the coop sharing the roofline to the run if that makes sense. We wanted the plastic wavy panels--how do we make the top of the coop secure from predators? We have: bears, coyote, skunks, raccoons, weasels plus the owls and hawks. We're in the Adirondacks so get lots of extreme weather and deep snow. If you put the wavy roofing on, how do you attach it to the top of the run without gaps? Seems like a silly question but...I'm new to this. Any help appreciated!

2. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Roof caps are sold separately

[​IMG]

End fillers are sold separately some were made of wood other BYCers scribed the end on a 2x4 and cut the profile out with a gig saw.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  3. salsss

salsss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2016
    Adirondacks, NY
    Thanks so much! Problem solved. I had no idea we could buy the filler! That makes it easier....

4. ChickenMammX4

ChickenMammX4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    SW Ohio
    If you can't find the filler ends or they won't work for your roof (it didn't for us because our roof material was actually barn siding and not evenly wavy) that foam in a can, I think it's called 'Great Stuff' and sold in the big box stores, works great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by