Roofed my coop today

Sphinx

Crowing
13 Years
May 10, 2010
Utah
We built our coop this summer, but didn't put roofing materials on. We have been doing our house roof, and have a bunch of fancy 30 year, 100 mph shingles left over, so with help from my dh, I roofed my coop.

When I was building the coop (well, when I was HELPING dh build the coop....) i nearly cut my thumb off with a sawsall, so using a nail gun made me a bit nervous. But, I did it without a single cut, scrape or bruise. Go me!

It's no Taj Mahal, but I'm pleased.

cooproof.jpg

Yes, those doors open to the nest boxes. Of course, the chickens only use one.

Of course, of the 7 chickens I have, only 1 is laying.

Good Job.....I love tools! My DH is working out of state and has been gone seven weeks and at least 4-6 weeks longer on this job. Lonely.....but I have cleaned and organized his garage and all his tools.....and have learned to use most of them in the process. I have built things and worked on things and I can tell you....power tools rock!!

Nail guns, staple guns, miter saws, sawsalls....drills and skill saws! Love them all....even I can build with them.

Hardware cloth stinks.....my arms will never heal up from all the scratches!!

Hope those 100 mph shingles aren't needed on your new coop or house. I'm in UT also and know how bad the wind can be. Some times the wind blows so hard, the girls go running and don't come out of the coop until the coast is clear.

Quote:
I just took a bunch of pictures and posted them on my blog. I know that it's not nearly as nice as what a LOT of people around here have, but I'm pleased with it.

http://acaptiveaudience.blogspot.com/2010/10/tour-of-coop.html

I'm hoping that all of my references to my non-laying, freeloading chickens will have an effect and they start laying for me soon.

While I was out taking pictures, I had two of the EE and my SLC squat for me, so that seems like a good sign. Of course, the white chicken wouldn't squat, and she already lays. Go figure. LOL

Back
Top Bottom