Room In My Coop/Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PepsNick, Jul 7, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
  2. woodguy

woodguy Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2010
    Bushwood
    It's probably borderline but if they spend most of their time out in the run they should be fine. The rule of thumb is 4 square feet per chicken inside the coop and 10 square feet outside in a run.

3. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Thanks. That's good advice.

4. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    [​IMG] Any other answers? Not saying that one's bad, I just wanna hear from lots of different people.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
  5. rchucks

rchucks Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    It looks ok to me, but what do I know. I have 10 chickens in a coop thats 5 x 8 and a run that's 16 x 16, but they spend most of their time outside.

6. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Alright, great! Thank you

7. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Our coop is 4x4 we bought 5 BSLs we thought we might lose one somehow so the 5th one was insurance. theyall have survived. they are grown up now & living in 16 sf. they dont seem to have any problems at all. maybe becouse they have grown up together since chicks. soI dont think you will have any problems. p.s good job on coop!!

8. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    thanks. i hope they'll spend time on the roosts and the nest boxes and such so they'll be more spread out and not scrunched together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by