Room mate issues...again.

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I seriously cannot STAND living with people any more. Everything always starts out great and then ends terribly.

New semester and I'm living with four new people who I sort of knew from previous years. I really didn't have any problem with them up until recently. I still don't even really know what the issue is, but it sure is uncomfortable here at the apartment.

Room mate 1 routinely smokes an illegal drug in her room at night. It's terrible. The smell travels all the way down the hallway into my room and just fills up the kitchen. I haven't said anyting because she can be quite a witch. She is the type who will be nice to your face but stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. I did NOT choose to live with this girl. Apparently she was friends with one of the other room mates.

Room mate 2 has been mad at room mate 3. I get along with 3. 2 has made it extremely uncomfortable by ignoring 3. 3 approached her on one occasion and asked if they could talk so she could find out what the issue is. Room mate 2 said she didn't have time to explain herself and has continued to act like a jerk.

Lately, room mates 1 and 2 have not been contributing anything in the way of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, or napkins. Myself and 3 got fed up and we've been buying our own stuff and keeping it in our rooms. The other two ran out of toilet paper and room mate 1 gathered us all to have a "Meeting". Apparently, they were mad because they knew we had the paper goods in our rooms, but we weren't sharing. I'm sorry, but WE paid for it. Not them. All during the meeting, all three of them fought and yelled at each other and I ended up staring at the wall. I finally was able to get a word in and calmly suggested that we all just put $4 in for paper goods. They agreed, but no one has given me money. I'm sorry, but I am not going to buy stuff with my own money and expect to get paid back. That didn't work with my other room mates, and I doubt it will work with these ones. They were also mad about cleaning issues. I clean the apartment EVERY Friday, because no one else does. If stuff continually gets dirty and I don't use it, I stopped cleaning it. It doesn't bother me if it stays dirty. So I suggested that we each choose something we would like to be responsible for. No one wanted to agree, except for RM3. So we are pretty much back to where we started.

One of them (I'm pretty sure RM2) used my hand towel to dye her hair with and left it all stained and gross on the counter. That was incredibly rude. I've also been the only one to buy trash bags all semester and RM1 brought up the fact that she asked me and RM3 to buy trash bags and neither of us did when we ran out. She could just have easily bought some herself.

So now RM2 is ignoring me, I feel like I have to lock my room even when I go to take a shower (thank god we have single rooms!), and I am just so incredibly tired of all the bull. My friends are causing drama, my room mates are causing drama, and I don't want to be a part of any of it. I think that has just made things worse. There are just three weeks left of the semester and I graduate. Thank goodness! I just wish my last semester hadn't been such a bummer. Sorry for the long rant. I'm just feeling so isolated right now, especially since I have to spend the entire weekend alone with RM2.

Sounds like you will need to suck it up for three weeks, isolate yourself and just get out of there ASAP. Immerse yourself in your studies.

Good luck...
thumbsup.gif
and say your prayers, that should help.

I quit dealing with roommates when I was a junior. I have pretty much had my own place since (heading towards 20 years now). It is WONDERFUL!!!

The good news is that you only have three weeks left. You can totally suck it up for three weeks. After three weeks you never have to deal with any of these girls again. Stay in your room. Go out with friends. Sit in the living room and ignore them all. Whatever works for you. It is just three weeks. You can do it.

Congrats on graduating. That is AWESOME!!

sad.png
3 weeks will FLY by!! Just hold on a little longer...
Then where are you going? And whats your degree in?

Quote:
That's pretty much what I'm figuring. It would help if I had classes I needed to really do anything for. I had to stay an extra semester just for three fairly general bio classes to fill some final requirements. I've been doing a lot of my own reading, watching movies, at the gym, and catching up on TV shows. I also spend two days at an animal rescue volunteering and I work the other days I am not volunteering. However, I still feel like I am living in a prison.
sad.png

3 weeks hunny!!!! hold tight-buy nothing for them and keep your stash locked away..then you can say See Yah later suckers it was not nice knowing you! Here's a roll of TP for your travels!

Quote:
Currently, I've been working on pushing my application through for a job with a paid EMT company. So far, it looks pretty good and I'm hoping to start work there the day after I graduate. I mostly need to pay off some loans before I take the next step. Over the summer I will start applying to vet schools and *hopefully* I'll get in! I would like to eventually become an avian vet. Unfortunately, since I had to stay the extra semester, I missed the deadline for the most recent round of vet applications, but it also gives me more time to work and unwind a bit. When I graduate here, I will have a BS in bio and a minor in business.

Quote:
LOL, that made me laugh! I feel like this is all so childish, but I've tried to act mature about it and I still get ignored. Oh well, they can deal with it when I am gone!

Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure the weeks will fly by just as you say!

Back
Top Bottom