Room mate issues...again.

Quote:
gig.gif
I love it! Go out to dinner with roommate # 3 and gift the other two with a roll of toilet paper.
gig.gif

Hahaha, that will be great. I will be the last one packing up since I will be applying for extended stay until graduation. I'm thinking I might leave RM1 and 2 a gift of toilet paper outside their rooms for next semester! (Where's the little devil smiley when you need it?)

Lauren you have had just about the WORST roommates in history. I feel for ya. On that last day, I would probably calmly tell them all they need to grow up and stop using people.

And CONGRATS on graduation!!!!

Quote:
gig.gif
I love it! Go out to dinner with roommate # 3 and gift the other two with a roll of toilet paper.
gig.gif

Hahaha, that will be great. I will be the last one packing up since I will be applying for extended stay until graduation. I'm thinking I might leave RM1 and 2 a gift of toilet paper outside their rooms for next semester! (Where's the little devil smiley when you need it?)

Just 1 square, right?

11.gif

Imp

I had a room mate in college that would NEVER do his dishes. Like a good guy for a few weeks, I just washed them with my own but then he started to really take advantage of me.

Finally I said, hey, we all eat and we all have dirty dishes. WASH YOUR DISHES! Then I told him that if he didn't do them he wouldn't find them... or maybe he would. I put all of them in his bed between the sheets.

He always did his dishes after that.

Last edited:
Quote:
I know! I'm starting to think it's just me (granted I like having my OWN space) but many of the issues these people are having have nothing to do with me. Honestly, my first set of room mates weren't so bad. Girl from over the summer is still the worst by far! Seriously, I either need to live at home or live alone! LOL

And Imp, I like the way you think. Just a single square!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
I know! I'm starting to think it's just me (granted I like having my OWN space) but many of the issues these people are having have nothing to do with me. Honestly, my first set of room mates weren't so bad. Girl from over the summer is still the worst by far! Seriously, I either need to live at home or live alone! LOL

And Imp, I like the way you think. Just a single square!
gig.gif
lau.gif

I only had one decent roommate and we are still friends today. We have been friends for almost 32 years now. My worst roommate was the lush. She drank too much and slept around. I hated waking up to a different man in the kitchen almost every weekend. Then she got busted for drunk driving for the 3rd time and called me from jail to say she couldn't make rent.

I called the landlord, explained the situation, called my grandmother and moved in with her for 6 months then got my own place. I have not had a roommate since then. A lousy husband yes, but no roommates.

My friend helped her messy roommate pack at the end of the year.

That must have been fun when she unpacked her dirty dishes.

Been there.. done that
hugs.gif

Beckys Rules -

#1 - Paper plates. Plastic utensils. Plastic cups. Store in bedroom. Don't share.

#2 - Personal garbage can in bedroom (preferably with a good lid), personal rubbish bags, ect.

#3 - Small fridge and microwave in bedroom.

#4 - All bathroom niceties... Soaps, toothbrush, towels, personal QUALITY TP, Razors (ack! you don't wanna know
sickbyc.gif
) *Everything* stays in bedroom and gets carted to bathroom at need. Pain in the butt... but at least you don't have to worry if they get mad at you, your toothbrush is gonna go for a swim in the toilet!

#5 - Proper lock for door. If the landlord has a problem with it after you leave, frankly I'd rather pay for the repairs than pay for new belongings after a crazy roommate scenario, or someone having a party.. ect ect.

You are now in charge of all of your belongings and can secure them with the turn of a key. You now have very good footing on which to stand up for yourself without worrying about them "getting back" at you. You have everything you need to feed, clothe, clean, and bathe yourself (except the bathroom facilities
tongue.png
) within your territory and they can go without rubbish bags for as long as they please.

Pretty much, when you have to share a roof with near-strangers, it's futile to try and run it like a real "home", and no one will follow rules anyway. So make your room your home and console yourself that it is only temporary
hugs.gif

Congrats!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom