room temp for incubators to be in...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamaboyd, Apr 19, 2008.

1. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    What should the room temperature be that the incubator is going to be in?? I have a spare room ( actually, the one where my computer is in), it's away from little sneaky kids fingers to get at, so I want to see what the temp stays at in it to see if it's suitable to keep the bator in it.

Thanks!! [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I heard anywhere from 70-80 degrees. Make sure that sun cant shine on the incubtor and their are not drafts. I have a finished basement that I hatch my eggs in. It stays about 50-60 degrees and I have great hatch rates, and my temp stays the perfect 37.4 celsius.

3. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Thanks minpingurl1! I'm going to put a thermometer in the room to keep track of the temp before I try incubating. I wish I could use our basement, but it's an old stone one with dirt floor and very creepy! We don't keep anything important down there except the water pump and I try to avoid it as much as possible, the house is over 150 yrs old.

4. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Stable temps is what U need. A room that stayed on 65' instead of 65' all the way to 80' If a room varies in temps so will the incubator to a small degree. Unstable temps make the incubator work harder. [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I keep mine in our basement......it's an old basement too....but not as old as yours! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by