Roos and/or Pullets

FrogGurr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 1, 2014
I got these three about a week or so ago. Jersey Giant babes. Just looking for opinions on gender. I am uneducated guessing my white/splash is a roo, the "blue" one a pullet, and the black one, I am 100% unsure. It has a bigger comb than the blue, but is less vibrant than the splash. I was told they hatched March 20.

Thank you all in advance

flowerchild88

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2015
Ace, Texas
The light one looks like a roo for sure...

Bottom left pic looks like it could be a roo, top left it looks like a pellet though

Last edited:

FrogGurr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 1, 2014
Neither the blue or black have the "waddles" or jowl things like the splash which make me want to say pullet. But, I am still fairly new to being a chicken mommy.

flowerchild88

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2015
Ace, Texas
Neither the blue or black have the "waddles" or jowl things like the splash which make me want to say pullet. But, I am still fairly new to being a chicken mommy.

It'll be easier to tell the older they get, another week or two it'll be no question. As of now I'd say the splash is a roo, the blue is a pellet, the black I'd lean pellet but watch for color in the wattles or comb for the next week or so cause it could very well turn out to be a roo too.

Chicken Girl1

Queen of the Coop
5 Years
Mar 3, 2015
Virginia
It'll be easier to tell the older they get, another week or two it'll be no question. As of now I'd say the splash is a roo, the blue is a pellet, the black I'd lean pellet but watch for color in the wattles or comb for the next week or so cause it could very well turn out to be a roo too.
Agreed

Top Bottom