Roos and Pullets

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FamilyOfChickens, Jul 1, 2007.

1. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Well, I suppose that our 'chicks' aren't really chicks anymore, but I didn't know where to post this. [​IMG]

We have 18 Americauna/EE pullets, and 4 roos. My dad says it's possible to only have one, and wants to get rid of 3 of them next weekend if I can't find homes for them. ( [​IMG] )

There's two roos that I really like, as does my family, and I know I'm going to have a hard time parting with either of them. ( I like the other two, also, but I'm not so attached to them.) Will we be able to keep two roos? (If you saw my thread for the free roos, it'll be the white and the red. ) Will they get into fights, or be even more noisy? (These two seem to get along well...) And will this add stress to the hens? (If you've seen my other thread, you'll know about the problems we're having. [​IMG] ) I really need some help as soon as possible, guys! I have to convince my dad that the two will be all right together.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    We have 12 EE pullets that are 3 1/2 month old. We kept 2 roos and they get along fine. There are pecking order squabbles between them from time to time, but nothing serious. I think you'd do well to keep two.

3. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Well, that's great. [​IMG] And you don't have any problems with the hens, then?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by