Roos??? Just not sure. Thanks ***pics heavy***

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by McGoo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got one roo that I know ... he crows all the time. But there are 2 others that I'm thinking are roos, but not totally sure. And another that I hope is a girl.

This one chases the known roo around and is dominant over him. Is he a he too? If so, I really think he's a keeper. He's really sweet and beautiful.

[​IMG]

Now what about this BO? She's named Natalie, but we might need to change that.

[​IMG]

And here's another shot of her/him sorry it's fuzzy

[​IMG]

And Please tell this is a girl...
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much!

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    The first 2 are defiently boys. That BO has a roo type tail and comb/wattles so does the first one. The 3rd one is too hard to tell you can't even see it's face [​IMG] But it looks like a boy, I see saddle feathers.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  3. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Sorry, I'm seeing all boys! [​IMG]

4. McGoo

Thanks... Crazy question: Do ee's girls get any saddle feathers? The last one is sooo sweet... I almost can't imagine that she's a he.

Yikes, I've got so many roos. This is really going to be difficult.

5. McGoo

I know that this is more of a behavior question, but they really seem to get along well. If they're all raised together will they maintain the peace even if there are a few roos? Now of course.... I'm not talking about the crowing issue. I don't want to go there. [​IMG]

6. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Nope, females don't get saddle feathers. Looks like you got 3 gorgeous roo's!

7. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    all boys :aww

8. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    I raised my two large fowl ameraucana boys together and they get along great, they take turns taking care of the girls and swap off the duty of keeping watch. And I have only a few girls, not a large flock at all. Yet they don't fight over them one bit and are inseparable. So roosters can coexist if they've always been together. It's when you put two roos together that are old enough to want to dominate others and they are strangers to one another that you start having problems.

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Agree, all boys and very handsome ones at that. [​IMG]

Jody

10. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yup i agree both roos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by