Kristen_Murphy

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2021
We just started a new little flock. We have had chickens in the past but never as chicks. This is stressful haha.
Help us determine how many need to be served an eviction notice. Details about each chick will be included under each picture.
Dottie.jpg

Dottie is our itty bitty baby.
She is an Ameracauna and about 3.5 weeks old.
She is super friendly and social with the other chicks.
Marie.jpg

Marie is our most suspect bird. I think she may actually be Mario but I am new to her breed.
She/He is a Black Copper Maran and is 5-6 weeks old.
This baby is feisty. Was a bit of a bully at first but now gets along well with the others.
Hope.jpg

Hope is also nicknamed Godzilla by my kids.
She is a Delaware and also around 6ish weeks old.
She is friendly with all the birds, plays mama hen and is definitely the most people friendly.
Olive.jpg

Olive is our Olive Egger (see what we did there?)
She is 5 weeks old and we believe a mix of Copper Maran and Ameracauna.
Star.jpg

Star is another French Black Copper Maran.
She is much smaller than the other and lacks any real comb at this point.
She is messing with me though, she had NO tail until recently just fluffy butt, so we thought boy. Next to our Marie/Mario though. So confused.
Skylar.jpg

Then there is our Skylar.
The most prized of the bunch. Praying she is in fact a she.
Blue Amercauna, 5-6 weeks old. So pretty and oh so friendly.

So what do you all think? Can you help this crazy chicken obsessed lady out?

Marie is a Mario.
where did you get them?
Your 'ameracaunas' don't look like ameracaunas. So if you paid the price for real ones ($20+ each), someone wasn't honest.

Marie is a Mario.
where did you get them?
Your 'ameracaunas' don't look like ameracaunas. So if you paid the price for real ones ($20+ each), someone wasn't honest.
We got them from a local breeder. What breeds would you suspect? I am afraid you are right about Mario.
Any other suspicious Roos in your opinion?

We got them from a local breeder. What breeds would you suspect? I am afraid you are right about Mario.
Any other suspicious Roos in your opinion?
Maybe Hope, it's still a little early to tell on some breeds, but I think Hope is a White Rock not a Delaware, did that chick have eyeliner or black wing tips ?
Tails mean nothing when deciphering gender.
The 'lameracaunas' look like australorps.
Update is a few weeks :]

No she did not. She was an all yellow chick and now pure white other than in her tail. I really hope the guys didn't lie. He seemed very knowledgeable. :mad:

Maybe Hope, it's still a little early to tell on some breeds, but I think Hope is a White Rock not a Delaware, did that chick have eyeliner or black wing tips ?
Tails mean nothing when deciphering gender.
The 'lameracaunas' look like australorps.
Update is a few weeks :]
Totally missed her. Yes, not a Delaware.

X 2 on the tails.

Hope is a White Rock not a Delaware, did that chick have eyeliner or black wing tips ?
Agree.

Quite young, but Marie is definitely a cockerel.

Also your “Amercaunas” are not Ameraucanas. They are Easter Eggers. Notice the difference in spelling. Hatcheries, feed stores, and many breeders spell it wrong to trick people into thinking they are getting a purebred when really they are just getting mixes.

Agree.

Quite young, but Marie is definitely a cockerel.

Also your “Amercaunas” are not Ameraucanas. They are Easter Eggers. Notice the difference in spelling. Hatcheries, feed stores, and many breeders spell it wrong to trick people into thinking they are getting a purebred when really they are just getting mixes.
Wow! The chicken world is savage. Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate the guidance.

Update:
20210418_090633.jpg
There is no denying our Marie is a Mario.

20210418_091435.jpg

Hoping Dottie is a pullet.

20210418_091205.jpg

Somewhat confident that Star is a pullet.

20210418_090807.jpg

Same with Hope. Guessing pullet.

20210418_090700.jpg

Olive is looking pullet as well, yay!

20210418_090621.jpg

Lastly, I fear Skylar is also a rooster. Sad day

They are all between 8 and 11 weeks. What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom