Roos or Hens? Help!

Jackiekim

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 1, 2011
I posted about the gender of my chicks a few weeks ago. That time, the general conclusion is that I have three roos and two hens. Anyhow, they are now a few days short of 12 weeks and I'm pretty sure that is still true. The three suspected roos tend to bicker. We have even heard one crow. The two with very little comb development stay out of it and I'm pretty sure they are hens. So, I just found a place for the suspected roos to go to - some guy who lives on 1 acre and has 30 hens in need of roosters. Sounds like a good place to be. But before I give them away, I just want to have a final check. I suppose I can wait till they are older, but by then the guy may not need any more roosters and then the roos become food at six months. So, long and short of it, any help is appreciated!

Can anyone hazard a guess? I love this Black Australorp. It is very stately, I think.

Thanks All. The roos are all rehoused at a farm. It was tough, letting them go. I didn't realize just how attached I would be to these guys.

As to the fence, I got it from Omlet. http://www.omlet.us/

Back
Top Bottom