1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roo's or Hens? Or one of each!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickNLittle, Apr 19, 2008.

1. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    I posted a question about these two before, but it didn't have anything to do with their breed/sex. They seem like they are molting???? Someone gave these two to me, they didn't know what they were either. I don't know if they got pecked and pecked or if they are molting. I need opinions on that. But I also would like to know if someone has a photo of a white leghorn rooster versus a white leghorn hen? And what do you think these are? Thanks![​IMG]

I only had one of their photos, sorry!

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    ow old are your new birds?

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Could you post some pics where you can see them better? I think it would be impossible to ID them from that and there is only one (so no way to know the gender of both). Sorry, I don't have a clue on the feather issue.

4. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Yeah, I know. I'll get some photos of them online later this evening. They are looking better now. I don't know if the people who had them before just threw them in with some other chickens or what. I put them slowly into my leghorn pen yesterday evening. First I left them next door to the pen for two or three days/nights. They did alright. The hens had to get their pecking order straight, but nothing serious. A peck here, a peck there. Pics later. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by