Roos or Pullets? Please help...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TracyLK, Jun 18, 2011.

1. TracyLK

TracyLK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    My Buff Orphington and Easter Egger Bantam are about 5 weeks old; and my Blue Cochins are about 4 weeks old. Any guesses are greatly appreciated...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Oh boy - its very early for guesses but I would have to guess boys on all of them. I wasn't sure how many blue Cochins are pictured since there are 3 pics. Wasn't sure if it is one pic of each of 3 or if there are 2 pics of one of them. They're the breed I'm least sure of since I know nothing about Cochins. But for only 5 weeks, there is a lot of pink in all of the combs. Sorry....

3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    EE for sure a roo, Cochin maybe. Not sure about the BO.

4. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    On the BO I'd guess a pullet, but would prefer to see more pictures in a couple of weeks.
    Do not know the other breeds well enough to hazard a guess.

5. TracyLK

TracyLK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks for the input. Out of my 9 chicks I am hoping for some hens [​IMG]
    This is my first time having chicks so it is hard for me to gauge gender. I am kicking myself now because I had an order placed with my pet chicken but canceled it when I found a farm locally that had chicks. The lady vent sexed and put aside the pullets for me...allegedly. I am trying to not get too attached as I can't keep roosters, but that is easier said than done. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by