Roos- Silkies and Showgirls- Free- Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Feb 3, 2009.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Oh dear; five of our Silkie and SG "hens" have turned into roosters.

I have one breeding quality white SG roo- kind of pains me to have to part with him. Nice topknot, tight wings and good feather shredding, dark blue skin, small rose comb, blue ears and small wattles. Friendly fellow, too.

Also two other SG- one is a nice medium clear blue. Not a speck of brown in there at all. He's timid and bottom of the totem pole so his topknot is a bit worse for wear. It will grow back in the spring. The other is a white SG roo.

All SG are heterozygous (have a "bowtie" poof on their neck).

I have a red Silkie roo- very nice, actually. Small and compact.

And a buff Silkie roo. Pretty boy.

These are all free. Hence I'm not going to post pics b/c I have dial-up internet and it will take me about an hour to get it done. Suffice it to say, they're all rugged, pretty boys and good healthy weights. And all need to go ASAP. I will cull them if I can't find suitable homes soon.

I can email a pic or two if someone is quite serious about taking them- not just kickin' tires- and really needs to see. In this case, email me directly- don't PM me.

I can meet in Augusta, Maine during the week. I can ship, as well. Two per box at $50/box shipped. I'm a careful shipper and use only Horizon brand shipping boxes. The one BQ SG roo is worth that and more.

My flock is NPIP tested.

2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    sent you a pm

3. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    The super nice SG and the buff Silkie are spoken for.

Still a couple of sweet SG roos - one is blue which you don't see in SG much- and the red Silkie available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by