Roos together?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MoonMedic, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MoonMedic

MoonMedic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Lapeer Co., MI
    I have some bantams that I would liek to put together. Right now my Mille runs with the big chickens and 2 deabright hens. I purchased a half dozen bantams from TSC (they are sooo cute! shouldnt have but couldnt help myself, lol) Looks likeI have a D'uccle roo, dark, so maybe a belgian? Anyways, the rest appear to be hens. Another seabright, some light feather footed, some bearded (thinking porcelin, blue or lavender Ds, info on those all looks the same!) a small white hen with gold lacing (no clue) and a silkie (fingers crossed that its a hen!! off to check for streamers after reading some other posts!) So to my question... sorry! lol How best to put these together? are 7 hens enough for the 2 boys to share? Our mille is a sweet boy, and the new roo seems to be a sweetie too. When we had standard size roos Little Tut (the mille) was always the boss, though confrontations were very few as he wasnt to be messed with! So, I guess I asked, yea or nay on the co roo habitation? and how to make the transition easy?

2. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I have a heck of TIME with the roos and lots of fighting bad fights some would die if they were not seperated

3. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I have 4 full grown roosters running together, but they were raised from chicks together.
    Though there is a pecking (and mating!) order, they do not attack each other.
    However, I think it is likely that they would fight to the death had they been introduced to each other as adult birds,

Sandie

4. MoonMedic

MoonMedic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Lapeer Co., MI
    looks liek I might have to rehome one then. I like the D'Uccles, they are so sweet! Gonna be a hard decision... little tut has been here awhile and we like him, but I think there are 2 roos in the new pen, the D"uccle and the Silkie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by