Roos?

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
At about what age do they start crowing? I have a RIR & a BR that are about 3 months old.. Also, when do young hens start laying also..

We had the windows up in the coop one night and I came back in the morning, and sitting there it looked like a soft egg was sitting there and it had been cracked open already. Also, the chicks like sleeping in the windows.. I guess that's why there was a egg there,lol. So they are the only ones that can fit up there. The baby hens are all about 3 months old.

I think I was told it was about 4 months but it varies with the breed and how fast they mature usually it's right around when they start getting hormones lol

Hens start to lay anywhere from 16-20 weeks. I am not sure when your roo's will start to crow, as it varies depending on the roo. If there are other roo's around that are crowing, a lot of times they will influence the baby roo's to crow too.

My three 10 week old roos crowed at me when I let them out one morning last week and I haven't heard them since. Maybe they were trying to tell me something? No idea.

Back
Top Bottom