1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope this worked. This is the start of the improvments to my big gals roost.

Rene'

2. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Works for me.
    But am I missing something, what protects them from predators, looks like the front is open to the world.

3. PhlyinPheBee

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    It is behind 2 different fences. My next project will be some kind of door. My dad gave me some ideas yesterday while we worked. I want to have something that will let them out since they get up before me.

Rene'

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Where are you located, don't they get cold from winter winds? It looks very drafty.

5. PhlyinPheBee

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    Hi there. I live in a city setting but not in the city limits. Their yard is behind fences, double gates and so far in 5 years I have not had any critter problems. I work at home so I am here almost all the time.

Also the coop is a converted goat shed and in the early stages of remodeling. It is facing south and I live in Louisiana. I have only had the girls in that area for 1 1/2 months. It was lined with roofing paper and I had a heavy plastic covering the front when it was cold.

Will post finish pics next.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by