Rooster and offspring

depends on what you are going for... yes for one generation it is ok... just do some research on line breeding... i have heard of ppl doing the roo back to his daughters for up to 5 generation... but that is not advisable most of the time...

Safe, as in will the offspring come out with 3 wings or something like that? Yes, a rooster to offspring mating is safe, even a hen breeding to her son is safe, I think its when they start intermingling ALOT that things may happen,. I'm not sure if the typical stereotypical inbred human buck toothed and crosseyed will happen, but maybe something might happen affecting their plumage lol

If you do a search on line breeding you will get a lot of information.

It depends on what your goals are. If you are trying to develop a grand prize winning show chicken, you are not likely to develop that chicken without breeding father to daughter, brother to sister, or son to mother. That is also how new breeds are developed.

If you are wanting to have a small backyard laying flock, you can keep breeding them to each other as long as you don't see traits you don't want. Good traits will be enhanced by inbreeding but so will bad traits. It is probably a good idea to introduce new blood every few generations but you'll have to be the judge of that depending on the results you see and the results you want.

Back
Top Bottom