rooster attacked by bigger roosters

[email protected]

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
I have a bantam rooster that was attacked by 2 big red roosters. He is still eating and drinking, but can`t seem to keep his balance. When he falls over, he can`t get up without help. He doesn`t have a mark on him and I was wondering if anrbody knows if he`ll come out of this or not. Right now he can`t even get on the roost. It`s been about 3 weeks and I`m at my wits end as to what to do for him. If any one has had a similar experience PLEASE let me know your outcome.

i would baby him until he seems better. he might be bruised. its hard to say.

Seperate him and give him yogurt and eggs for a few days. As said before baby him.Give him time to recover could be shock more than external injury or internal that you can not see. Keep close eye on him. Good luck!!!

welcome-byc.gif
His head may have been hit so hard that he has permanent neurological damage, or it may be a problem that will resolve with time. Keep him seperate from the big roosters realizing that you will not be able to reintroduce him to that flock. If you choose to keep him, he will need his own flock and coop.

Well, my little banty is eating and drinking just fine but now he won`t even try to walk. I`m beginning to think that I need to put him down. I just want to be sure there is no hope before I do. I`ve had him inside for 3 days now and he seems to be getting weaker. I try to help him walk and he will take a few steps and fall over. This has been going on for almost 4 weeks now and I just don`t see any improvment. Somebody please help with this awlful situation.

Back
Top Bottom