Rooster booster for ducklings

VincentT05

Hatching
Aug 14, 2020
I’m giving my ducks unmedicated chicken starter and I read online if you do that you have to give them a niacin supplement. I bought rooster booster and I wanted to know if this would work as the niacin supplement and be safe for them. And if so how much would I mix in pet feeding?
7D4DAF6A-CBC5-482C-8973-E7F417BD2D7F.jpeg
7C506D68-ED54-419F-B51F-28B0C9244A75.jpeg

Last edited:
That depends on what niacin supplement is being used.

For most ducks breeds, a feed containing 55mg of niacin per kg will suffice; for heavyweight meat birds, a feed containing 70mg per kg is preferred.
The rooster booster poultry booster has 1000 mg of niacin per 1 pound but I’m not sure if it’s 1 pound of feed or 1 pound of supplement. If I have a 50 pound bag of feed what would the ratio be? I’m bad at math and I want to make sure my Pekin and Rouens get enough niacin to stay healthy

The rooster booster poultry booster has 1000 mg of niacin per 1 pound but I’m not sure if it’s 1 pound of feed or 1 pound of supplement. If I have a 50 pound bag of feed what would the ratio be? I’m bad at math and I want to make sure my Pekin and Rouens get enough niacin to stay healthy

What brand of feed are you using?

Purina flock raiser crumbles

I have used that with most breeds, and have experienced no problems in concerns with birds developing niacin problems. If you notice any leg problems in the birds, you could start supplementing with straight niacin capsules or use the Injectable Cattle B complex found at your feed store. If you would still prefer to, as a preventative, nutritional yeast can be sprinkled one tablespoon over their daily feed.

Back
Top Bottom