Rooster Booster!??

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by justusnak, Dec 14, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

ok, I have a pen with 4 roosters...and I was wanting to get them Rooster Booster. So, off I go to the feed store. Yeah well.....I THOUGHT I was going to get some Rooster Booster. The guy looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for it!! Who makes it....whats the protien %??? He said if I can get a manufacturer name, he MIGHT be able to get it. HELP!!

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I went to the feed store here and asked for some grower/finisher and the lady gave me a funny look. lol I ended up leaving with something called all-in-one kernals. It's supposedly for chicks, layers, and growers.

Sorry, I can only relate not really help. But I'll bump this back up and maybe someone will respond. [​IMG]

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
  4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Southern States makes a pelleted feed called Rooster Booster that is 20% protein. I buy it all the time and mix it in with my layer sometimes. OR I put it alone in a pan out on range for the entire flock. It has low calcium levels and is a great feed.

6. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Quote:LOL Well I dont know! maybe the second one will do me some good, who cares about the chickens! [​IMG] check out the picture I wonder how much of this stuff actually sells?
    Sorry, I digress!

Randy

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Hey Cyn, thats what I am looking for, the feed....Southern States?? Is that the name of the Manufacturer?? Wonder if I can get it in a crumble? For the smaller roos?

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I been looking for this as well

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, Southern States makes it and all other poultry feeds. Not sure if it comes in crumble. They have a Super Breeder Crumble that I use, 21% protein, but it has higher calcium levels, though not as high as most layer pellets. Mine love that, too.
    Here is their website:
    http://www.southernstates.com/

Rooster Booster pellets have animal protein still, which I prefer, but the Super Breeder is vegetarian. Both are good products I use regularly, in addition to the ones the co-op sells from ADM Alliance Pen Pals Feeds.

10. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Stevie, Augusta feed sells it. They are on Rt. 206 near the state police barracks. It is from Southern States.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by