1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by beakkeeper, Nov 25, 2008.

1. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    What's the best roo breed for:

temperament?
    looks? (gotta be gorgeous? [​IMG]
    fertility?
    What sort of roos would make quiet, undercover city birds? [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Well, personally---I like my Golden Laced Cochins & my Lemon Blue Cochins for their looks & their sweetness. Also, my Light Brahmas are VERY nice birds, not to mention pretty!

3. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Thanks! What does a lemon blue look like? Sounds purdy!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

That's what is in my avatar...

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I personally love the Partridge cochins and Blue cochins...well any cochins really...LOL. Mine is a big ol' babydoll. I love him to pieces! He is a Partridge Cochin!

6. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i have a nasty rir and br, if that is any help to you. they are aggressive with the ladies, but i don't know if that is because they are young. not too young because they are huge. they are ripping the feathers off my girls. br falls off but wont let go of her head and drags her around to where he wants her. he is getting a new home. so i don't suggest either of them. good luck

7. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    you might should check into sumatras-Noisy (Talkative,) but crow only a few times a day... so you wouldn't have to worry about them disturbing neighbors much. MOST people like their looks, I've never heard of one being mean. they last VERY well in cold and hot heats, good layers, mothers, etc.. and as far as i know. good fertility,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by