Rooster can't crow, very faded comb, free ranger 1yearish

Ginny73

Hatching
Nov 14, 2019
Noticed last Tuesday crow was pathetic, today is nothing but keeps attempting. Don't know how long comb has been in fade mode. Small runny, white/clear poo (size of aussie 50 cent), haven't observed enough to know if eating or drinking. He had 3 chooks in his flock, one has gone rouge,(doesn't hang with them, she's turned loner), hes tried to set authority but she attacks back to him and the other two. Is there something I can do apart from going to the vets?

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_133130.jpg
    IMG_20191115_133130.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
He could be ill. Have you noticed any obvious weight loss? I have had chickens with pale faces and runny poo but I know there is a problem when you pick them up and notice obvious weight loss. I would quarantine him and see if he's eating or drinking. If the other chooks are bullying him then that's also a sign of a weak or ill bird.

Sorry for your loss. His comb looked very dark in the picture. I would have suspected possible fungal infection, such as aspergillosis, or heart failure. Can you try to do a necropsy on him, and have a look at his organs? Taking pictures of the heart, liver, and other organs and posting here, could turn up an answer. Look for any yellow fluid when opening the abdomen, which could be ascites, common with heart failure. Yellow plaques or patches on organs could be fungus.

Sorry for your loss. His comb looked very dark in the picture. I would have suspected possible fungal infection, such as aspergillosis, or heart failure. Can you try to do a necropsy on him, and have a look at his organs? Taking pictures of the heart, liver, and other organs and posting here, could turn up an answer. Look for any yellow fluid when opening the abdomen, which could be ascites, common with heart failure. Yellow plaques or patches on organs could be fungus.
I buried them together, sorry but I don't fancy on bringing him up.. It's also my dad's day of passing 38years ago☹️

He was suffocating, people comb means lack of oxygen.

I would have suspected gapeworm.

Back
Top Bottom