Rooster can't walk

Mimi25

Hatching
May 22, 2015
Hi: My 4 year old rooster is very sick. Last month he started acting strange and walking funny and within a few days he couldn't walk at all. He started breathing thru his mouth and would lay on his side with his feet curled up. I immediately started him on Tylan 50 injections and gave him nutri drench as well. He was on Tylan for 4 days and I let him rest 5 days and gave him 2 days of penicillin injections. He started getting up and walking and he was even crowing and running around. He always ate and drank well. This went on for a 8 or 9 days. Yesterday he went down again. I started him on the Tylan50 again. I don't know if maybe he just needed more days of the Tylan and that is why he went down again. I feel so bad for him....he is our pet and we love him so. Has anyone encounter something like this before. I was told about Mereck and was told to look in at his eyes with a flashlight and see if there was any cloudiness around his pupils, but his eyes look clear and bright. He doesn't sneeze or have mucus either. Please I need some advise. Don't know if I am doing the right thing.
idunno.gif

Sarnzbeba

Hatching
Jun 7, 2015
I dont know if this will help but we had a langshan rooster who started getting really wobbly on his feet from a nutrient deficiency so we've started giving him canned food (beef only) and some vitamins you could try that and see if it helps maybe he could use a little boost. or maybe try a splash of apple cider vinegar in his water. these are just things we do for our chickens and they seem to work so far. maybe try to find out if he had a blockage? tell me if you find out what it is I'd like to know for future reference. and I'm sorry about your rooster.

Top Bottom