Rooster/Chicken Memorabilia?

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Happy Martin Luther King Day!

I've been hitting the 90% off Christmas Clearance sales (K-Mart went 90% off today), and I am looking for chicken and rooster things-- ornaments, Christmas cards with chooks on them, chicken wrapping paper, etc.

Has anyone seen any anywhere?

Sears Grand has cute rooster ornaments.

Rite-Aid has a cute Christmas card with a Christmas tree decorated with rooster ornaments on it.

Anyone seen anything else of this nature, or am I posting this in the wrong forum? I considered "Hobbies," but I didn't think that quite fit, except I guess it could be seen as collecting chickens, so Mods, if you think this would be better there, please feel free to move it there.

All tips as to on-sale chicken items will be appreciated.

Clare

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
Hobby Lobby has some. I've seen some at Cost Plus World Market, too.

Another place to check out is Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. I'm a Michigander, so I can drive there (it's my once-a-year Black Friday tradition), but they also have a website. http://www.bronners.com/

Maybe next December I'll do a thread about my chicken ornament collection. I have a LOT. Our Christmas tree has more roosters on it than Santas and angels. Hee hee.
hide.gif

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
How fun! Those are so cute! I went to Sears Grand today to get the rooster ornament, but he had already sold. Darn!

Then I found a pretty cardinal, the last one left, and wouldn't you know I managed to drop it and it broke into a million pieces. I felt so bad!

I hadn't thought of Hobby Lobby or World Market. Great to know!

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Sears Grand has the prettiest "Country Living" brand red rooster ribbon on Christmas clearance. It's a velvety ribbon with embossed raised roosters on it, in their holiday clearance. Fun find!

Top Bottom