1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster/Chicken Memorabilia?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ClareScifi, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Happy Martin Luther King Day!

I've been hitting the 90% off Christmas Clearance sales (K-Mart went 90% off today), and I am looking for chicken and rooster things-- ornaments, Christmas cards with chooks on them, chicken wrapping paper, etc.

Has anyone seen any anywhere?

Sears Grand has cute rooster ornaments.

Rite-Aid has a cute Christmas card with a Christmas tree decorated with rooster ornaments on it.

Anyone seen anything else of this nature, or am I posting this in the wrong forum? I considered "Hobbies," but I didn't think that quite fit, except I guess it could be seen as collecting chickens, so Mods, if you think this would be better there, please feel free to move it there.

All tips as to on-sale chicken items will be appreciated.

Clare

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Our hobby lobby had some chicken ornaments and always carries rooster decor, which is sometimes 50% off.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hobby Lobby has some. I've seen some at Cost Plus World Market, too.

Another place to check out is Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. I'm a Michigander, so I can drive there (it's my once-a-year Black Friday tradition), but they also have a website. http://www.bronners.com/

Maybe next December I'll do a thread about my chicken ornament collection. I have a LOT. Our Christmas tree has more roosters on it than Santas and angels. Hee hee. [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Here are a few of mine (plus some random ones)... I think I took this picture a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]

Marjolein Bastein... One of my favorites! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ClareScifi

Mar 30, 2011
    How fun! Those are so cute! I went to Sears Grand today to get the rooster ornament, but he had already sold. Darn!

Then I found a pretty cardinal, the last one left, and wouldn't you know I managed to drop it and it broke into a million pieces. I felt so bad!

I hadn't thought of Hobby Lobby or World Market. Great to know!

6. ClareScifi

Mar 30, 2011
    Sears Grand has the prettiest "Country Living" brand red rooster ribbon on Christmas clearance. It's a velvety ribbon with embossed raised roosters on it, in their holiday clearance. Fun find!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by