Rooster&Cockerels Free to Good Homes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lovinhiscurlytailfeathers, Sep 23, 2010.

1. lovinhiscurlytailfeathers

lovinhiscurlytailfeathers New Egg

Feb 10, 2010
    clinton,tn.
    Not enough to bother with the crock pot so(all but one is small). I am offering them free to a good home.I looked for a year to find one breed of rooster...so maybe someone is in the same spot!I am outside Knoxville tn.Can be picked up locally.

1 Large Rhode Island Red(very protective of hens) (R)
    1 Splash Cochin Bantam (R)
    1 White Silkie (C)
    3 Partridge Cochin Bantam (C)
    1 Partridge Cochin Standard (C)
    1 Cochin Red/Back Is and will remain Very small (C)
    All are healthy,well mannered,from great stock.
    Can send pics on request

2. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I am in need of a white silkie roo or cockerel. Where is clinton, tn? I know where clinton KY is. I'm located in the north west corner of tennessee. I'm up here hiding form the world because there isn't anything of interest here. [​IMG] Or maybe i'm in time out, I haven't figured it out yet. [​IMG] But anyway. I sure could put that silkie to good use.

DAH! I jusr re-read it and your to far away for me right now. If I had my car going you wouldn't be.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  3. lovinhiscurlytailfeathers

lovinhiscurlytailfeathers New Egg

Feb 10, 2010
    clinton,tn.
    I had not heard of Hornbeak and now I know why!You could not live any farther away in Tn.from me,could you???Yep,too far away for a chicken.Although I have went past Nashville for Sheltie dogs!Husband thought I was nutts but he likes road trips.Thats why I mapquested you.I just want good homes for the extras.If it were closer I might could bring it but we have a dually truck that drinks the gas.
    I have lionhead rabbits too!!!Well my list goes like...I have three Shelties,barn cats,RIR,Barred Rocks,Standard Polish,Standard&Bantam Cochins,Silkies,Light brama bantam chickens.A bunch of Muscovy,one mallard drake,one mandy,one pekin drake,one swedish blue drake ducks.As well as a pair of pilgim geese,7 sebastpols,and a egyptian gander,guinias and button(love them)&jap.quail,2 ferrets(not my idea for them...thank God they are sweet)uhhh...some fish and two turtles and I think thats it .no and two narganasett turkeys.
    I did have a house trained silver fox but I rehomed him.Just sniffing the air here was cruel to him.
    DH just said I needed to find homes for what did not hold a purpose.Otherwise I would just feed them all!
    Anyway...Have a great first day of fall and I hope you find that silkie!
    If I DO find my way to Hornbeak I will bring you one.I have more coming up every week.DH wont stop gathering them for hatch!

4. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I know, I'm out here where nobody does anything. If I want to attend a chickenstock or swap I have at least an hour drive. Even to go to the auction is an hour drive. We're planning to move just south of Memphis in Mississippi in the spring. Maybe i'll be closer to somebody. I was looking for am ameracauna roo for months and most of the offers came from the nashville area. I have a cousin that would have brought one to me but he was tied up with his own life at the time. Then somebody contacted me that was located near the same town DH is working in. So on one of his trips home he picked him up and brought him home with him. I have to order eggs and pray what I need hatches. I have 1 white silkie pullet to go in my white silkie pen. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna need a boyfriend for her at least. [​IMG] I've received 90 silkie eggs and got 5. Not good odds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by