Rooster Collar HELP 911

bunniesanchez

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
sooo I have a dilemma, one of my neighbors complained about another neighbors 4 roosters... that neighbor in turn told animal control that I had a rooster. the city knocked on my door told my husband I had to get rid of my little guy...

barnie.gif
I called the city and after a very heated discussion with the animal control guy I was able to point out to him how

1) roosters themselves are not illegal in our part of the city
2) the original complaint was not about MY rooster so technically he is not disturbing the neighborhood

I also asked him to give me the opportunity to correct the situation by trying out the rooster no crow collar
duc.gif
because there was no way in heck I was gonna get rid of my little guy. after much argument he agreed and told me he would be by on the 11th to inspect.

my problems is that I ordered the collar, and before it arrived we thought we would try Velcro as I read that worked just a well and it actually helped reduce the pitch level of his crow

but now the no crow rooster collar came in a few days ago and we switched it out but he keeps pecking at it and manages to loosen it. he is almost angry at us now and starts crowing at 4am in the morning! besides switching him back to just the Velcro collar does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get him to stop crowing so early in the morning?

talking to him hasn't seemed to help any lol

If the problem is just that he crows too early, I'd put him in a box in the garage at night. That way you control when he can be heard. If it's the noise level in general, go back to the velcro. Either way, he's going to make some noise. It's just what they do.

Back
Top Bottom