Rooster comb

Aleandron

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2021
Hello, the comb of my roosters have some whitish and black spot. Should I be concerned about some type of pox or does this look normal ? Thank you in advance for any help. Alessandra

Attachments

• 20210916_151334.jpg
    20210916_151334.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6
Hello, the comb of my roosters have some whitish and black spot. Should I be concerned about some type of pox or does this look normal ? Thank you in advance for any help. Alessandra
Do they fight a lot? What’s the weather like where you are? My chickens will get combs kind of like that if they’ve been in the sun or if it’s cold.🤷🏽‍♀️

Do they fight a lot? What’s the weather like where you are? My chickens will get combs kind of like that if they’ve been in the sun or if it’s cold.🤷🏽‍♀️
I am in Florida, weather is hot and muggy. They have plenty of space and they can pick if stay in the sun or shade. Roosters are all brothers and pretty mellow with each others :)

The black spot could be an injury or a peck wound. The white could be dry skin which could be normal. Is he starting a molt? It doesn’t appear to be favus or fungus, at least at this point.
Glad to hear, so far they are not molting and they are all pretty mellow with each other :)

Back
Top Bottom