Rooster crowing question

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by OHMYCHICKIES, Sep 11, 2008.

1. OHMYCHICKIES

OHMYCHICKIES Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    My rooster started crowing about 1 1/2 weeks ago. He doesn't seem to crow everyday (or I don't hear it) Is that normal? He still needs lots of practice.

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    He's just in the learning stages, as time goes by he'll crow more.

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:It is normal mine doing the same.
    best regards.
    Omran

4. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    okay good. I was wondering if he heard himself crow and decided to stop that awful sound.

5. pimpdaddywrinkles

pimpdaddywrinkles Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2008
    My roo is screaming ATM and my son who is home with a slight fever is having a conversation with him. He (the roo)(son too) is young but thinks he is Cesar.

Talk to your roo if you want him to crow. we have a few older bantys across the street who crow allot.

Cock-ah-doodle-doooooooo eh.

it worked for us.

getting them to crow is the easy part it's trying to get them to shut up that is the hard part.

A-

6. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG] Oh, I know what you mean!. Mine started maybe 2 weeks ago. I'd hear it every few days. It sounded like one of those dollar store birthday horns. Now he's been practicing and he crows more and more each day. He still needs ALOT more practice.

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:[​IMG]...oh, but just wait until he gets through practicing and gets his real singing voice!!! When he cuts lose with that you will be missing the practice crowing days, lol!!!!

8. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    I have one who once he learned to crow he is NON STOP! now another one is learning and he's starting to crow more and more... it's a sickly symphony out there!

9. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    I guess my rooster has been crowing but I just haven't heard it. My neighbor was out watering at 6:30 this morning and he heard the roo crow about 7 times. I'm just glad my neighbor loves the sound of the rooster crowing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by