Rooster Crowing then Moaning

dillondonnelly1

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Hello, everyone. This is my first post on BC.

Recently I noticed that when my rooster crows, he lets out a very quiet and faint moan. I'm not sure if this is something I should be worried about or not. Also, he doesn't do it every single time he crows. Right now though, he crowed at least four times and moaned after each one. Is he simply crowing too much?

Two more details, he is 4 months old and he is an Easter Egger.

Last edited:
And just to clarify, the moan is AFTER he's done crowing. But sometimes it sounds like he doesn't finish his crow. Almost like half of a crow.

Hi and welcome to BYC!

I would suggest getting a video or audio recording of the crow so that we can hear what you are hearing - that would help differentiate between normal and not normal sound.

Okay, I tried to get an audio recording of him crowing but he wouldn't. He always crows when I don't want him to haha. But the one time I want him to, he doesn't. Is he just letting out excess air? There are no visible signs from what I can tell. He is acting normal and eating/drinking. I know it may be hard to diagnose this without a recording, but do you have any idea if he is sick form what I just said?

Actually, please disregard that post. When I came in, he started crowing. Here is the audio clip.@http://clyp.it/1qsnkmv1

My 3 year old rooster has always done that, and is perfectly healthy. All of my other roosters over the years have not, but I don't think anything is wrong with your rooster.

Back
Top Bottom