Rooster crows ALL day and night!

kingfrodo

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 22, 2013
Enterprise, AL
I purchased/acquired a BEAUTIFUL EE Roo this weekend.
love.gif

I now have a trio of Orpingtons and EE. They are in seperate pens but can hear each other.

My Orp roo is a crow once or twice in the morning and he's done.

This EE Roo crows ALL day and night non stop!
he.gif

Is it b/c he is in a new place and he'll hopefully stop soon?

I can't listen to him all night...I need sleep!

any advice is welcome.
barnie.gif

Roosters need to stand completely up to crow. So what you can do is at night, keep him in a cage or place, that he can not stand completely erect. If this cage only had a roost bar in it and all he can do is only stand enough to reposition himself and not stand up completely, he won't be able to crow. At least this is the theory. :)

Good luck with your roo and I hope you get some sleep soon!

LOL, I have 9 Roosters out in the coop right now... 7 of which are heading to freezer camp this month. I recently hurt my back again and like always when this happens I am up and down all night, our coop is at the back of our acre of property so when sleeping I don't hear the Roosters, that night I heard them all night, they were going at it at 2am and through out the night...
It may be that your new Roo just needs to settle in and get accustomed to his surroundings... We just put the Pullets (including the roos) in the big house with the adults so I assumed that was the issue.

Thank you for the replies. I think I'll give him the rest of this week to get acclimated and then if he doesnt stop I'll try the small cage at night plan.

big_smile.png

I purchased/acquired a BEAUTIFUL EE Roo this weekend. :love

I now have a trio of Orpingtons and EE.  They are in seperate pens but can hear each other.

My Orp roo is a crow once or twice in the morning and he's done.

This EE Roo crows ALL day and night non stop!  :he

Is it b/c he is in a new place and he'll hopefully stop soon?

I can't listen to him all night...I need sleep!

any advice is welcome. :barnie
I bet that's why he's crowing...not being with the girls? My rooster has 10 ladies and if things aren't exactly the same every night he will crow. Other then that he maybe crows 1-2 times every 6 months at night.

He's with his two EE girls, I meant the trios are seperated so they can't see each other. sorry if that was confusing. Sometimes it makes sense in my head but that is it.
hu.gif

today he seemed to crow a little less......I think. We'll see how he does tomorrow.
idunno.gif

I have two black australorp roosters, bought at the same time from the same place {I assume they're brothers} and they are night and day in all ways. My sweetest rooster crows all the time, the alpha one only if something is up or not right in his opinion. The one that crows all the time did not crow much when he was younger, but oh boy when he learned how lol.

Back
Top Bottom