Rooster culling problem solved!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MMPoultryFarms, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Yup just E- mail me with any Left over roo's you can't home. Must be of layer,Duel purpose, or meat breeds. I can't do much with ornamental birds. bantams ect. I have 640 acres to fill up with chicken tractors im 300+ birds in cannot wait till you drive around this part of the map and instead of seeing fields of cattle you see flocks of chickens. My trend is catching on here quickly [​IMG]

2. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Man, I wish you lived around here. I got two Welsummer cockerels and a Sebright cockerel that I just do not need :p

My Pekin drake tricked me into keeping him. One day it's 'RUN AWAY! HUMAN!'. I take him to the swap, can't sell him, and now he's 'I LOVE YOU MUMMY!' [​IMG] figures!

3. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    I have 12 chicks and I know half of them are going to be roosters that I don't need....

4. MMPoultryFarms

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    keep me posted or send me more info via pm or e-mail [​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Chicken tractors? Are you saying the chickens will all be housed in tractors? I guess I don't understand. Why would you want a bunch of roosters? Where are you located?

6. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    I'm with kathyinmo, what are chicken tractors and where are you located? Apparently, I've gotten some roos pretending to be pullets!

7. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Yah a location would be helpful. [​IMG] I wish someone near me would just open up a big rooster farm - then I could quit worrying. [​IMG]

8. MMPoultryFarms

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    I am in Okarche oklahoma, maybe my definition of tractor is different then yours. [​IMG] These guys Go Out in my pastures. I Free range my flock Literally they have wheat fields I just drag them out to a good spot In the pastures leave them In for a week or so then release them There usually always up and ready for bed by the time I get there to Close down shop. I recently have invested into several old camper shells (pull behinds) I am building up to Mobile coops also Far as the question. "Why would I want roosters?" to me it all taste like chicken. Roo's are for breeding depending on if there breed specific. and If there not they would be caponized and still get to range.

9. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    Ah...got it! Wish you were closer to VA...it's looking like I've got a 50/50 mix! Thanks, standard run. I couldn't just order them hatchery style like I should have. Didn't get my Dominiques and got boys to boot!

10. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    are they safe at night?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by