Rooster Dance - Photos

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
In the spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love. At least that's where Mosby's thoughts were for a while today. He and Bonnie were out enjoying the sunshine and warm spring day. I had my camera in hand at the barn and caught him doing his dance for her a few times. I stood still as possible close by and took as many photos as I could.

He raised his hackles.
dance1.jpg

He dropped his wings to the ground and did a stomp before stretching out his wings and making a 'caw' noise.
dance2.jpg

Ruffle and Stomp he moves up behind Bonnie.
dance4.jpg

I love the way she turned her head and cut her eyes at him as if to say, "What in the heck do you think you are doing?" LOL
dance5.jpg

She raises her hackles in warning.
dance6.jpg

He continues his approach.
dance7.jpg

And she turns away to come in around behind him.
dance8.jpg

She isn't interested in his attentions today.
dance9.jpg

She lets him know he is treading on thin ground.
dance10.jpg

Poor Mosby. He is quick on the run.
dance11.jpg

She watches to make sure she is fully understood.
dance12.jpg

We he turns and starts to dance for her again she warns him to keep moving away.
dance13.jpg

A few minutes later she was laying in the grass sound asleep in the sunshine.

As funny as it was to watch Bonnie run him off several times while she tried to soak up the sun you have to give credit to Mosby. I stood and couldn't help but be thrilled with his mating dance and love calls to Bonnie. Bonnie wasn't impressed but I was intrigued with his wooing skills.

These chickens never leave me less than entertained.

those are some stunning birds missprissy hope he finaly gets is right and she starts producing eggs for you.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom