Rooster dead right after picking him up to take home ??

Geordonbuck223

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
So yesterday I went to a womans house who had a rooster for sale that I bought. She went out to the coop and I went with her and she caught it and held it upside down by its feet for probably a minute or two until it was out into the back of my car into a cage...while I was pulling out of the driveway like 30 seconds later I heard it make a chicken noise then I guess it fell down dead because for the rest of the rise home I didn't her a single thing...no movement nothing and when I got home I was lying there dead on its back!!!!! I am curious to why he may have died possilby because of the stress or being hung upside down let me know what you guys think ill post pics of him too :(

Blessing

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 13, 2013
Its strange that he died so soon after you got him he could of being sick or maybe it was from the way the woman held him. I never hold my rooser like that I always hold him by wrapping my arms around his wings. I think thats the safest way to hold him. Im sorry about your rooster he looked beautiful in the above picks. You should probably get a refund from the woman and buy a rooster elsewhere, the same thing could happen again:(

Geordonbuck223

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
Ya I know he was so beautiful it was a shame he died I just don't know why he seemed perfectly healthy and I'm getting my money back from her she was very nice about it!

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I've hung several birds upside down over the years, and no one died. It's possible he could have had some congenital issue that being upside down stressed....in that case, better he died than be bred and carry on that defect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom