Uh oh...I know I'll be in for some judgment for this but seeing there was a need to share my experiences with rooster decrowing, I decided to log my experiences and share with others. Day 1: Notice in the mail from the cops, "You have 24 hours to deroosterize your home or face $1000 fine a day and or seizure of birds" Note the deadline was 5 days before I received the notice. Back Story: I have been chickening for 4 years, cockadoodling for 3 years and now suddenly, it's a problem... I have 2 roosters at this time; one is 3 years old, the other over 1 year. They are both well behaved, sweet boys who help take care of the hens and call for me if there's any trouble. They are bonded and married to several different hens, have relationships with them as sons, brothers, fathers and husbands. I know if given a choice, they would choose to stay with their hens. The operation has risks but we are talking about certain death vs. uncertain death. Day 2: Take him to the vet on the shady part of town...This vet has had 30 years experience as a vet and at least 3 years experience decrowing. He told me there's a risk but I have my heart set on keeping my boys. Day 3: Pick up. Hurray, they are both still alive! Boohoo they both seem to be in a lot of pain. The incision is in the front, about where the breastbone is. The younger one especially seems to have labored breathing and wheezes with every in and out breath. He eats and drinks a lot of water though. The older guy is quieter but doesn't look too happy and doesn't eat or drink. He wheezes too, but not as loudly. They both can talk in their normal voices but I have not heard a single crow from either of them. I'm really scared for the younger one through the night. Day 4: More loud wheezing from the young one. Sounds like he's saying mama. All day long with every labored breath. He gets too excited when he sees a girl and I decided to bring him back in. Both boys are staying in their carriers but I let the older one stay outside. The hens are very curious about him, but one of his hens chases away the others away and keeps an eye on him. As evening sets, and I am writing this, I can say both boys are recovering. I am sad that I am putting them through this suffering, but am hoping for the best. That's it for now. I will continue to do updates on their health and vocal status.