1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster disagreement!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sjisty, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    First let me say no one was hurt. Romeo, our littlest roo, was just putting the big guy in his proper place. Casey, our lemon pyle Brahma, decided to visit some of Romeo's girls. Romeo, as you can see, wasn't too happy. Romeo is our oldest rooster and, even though his girls are many times his size (brahmas), he is a good man and is secondary only to Rocky, our light Brahma roo. He has taught many a young roo who's the boss. After getting a bit of a stompin', Casey decided it just wasn't worth it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
  2. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    thats too funny.. he is tiny!!!! nothing like a big attitude to put someone in their place

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    How much do you want for Casey? (just joking, but he's a handsome dude!)

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks! I needed a laugh this morning. That's why I think whenever I get a roo I'll get a bantam. Tons of attitude to spare.

5. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Good for you for getting pics .. My huge Salmon Fav roo and my tiny MF D'uccle roo got into it over the weekend. I wish I had video .. it was like the scene in Princess Bride where Wesley is fighting the giant .. zipping around him, going between his legs, jumping up on top of him. heehee

That was the ONLY thing that Pogo had going for him .. he was much much smaller and faster.

I finally had to break it up .. they were both panting and exhausted and continuing to fight .. [​IMG] boys.

6. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Wow! LOL... It is the same with roosters as it is with dogs, huh?? LOL... My mom always said that little dogs have BIG attitudes! LOL

7. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Aww the little guy is cute [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Love the pics! Too funny! [​IMG]

9. Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden Chicken Maiden

Jun 14, 2010
    Kansas
    Wow! Great pics! What is going on? Is it the weather? My little banty Roo was usurped by the big RIR over the weekend. Weird!

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Hahaha!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by