Rooster disappeared

luckychicken1

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 1, 2011
Our rooster disappeared with out any sign of struggle not a single feather to be found. we lost a hen to a fox a month ago and there was a mess of feathers everywhere, does anyone know what could have taken him with out leaving a shred of evidence. is it possible he wandered off. it just doesn't make sense, any help would be great. thanks

A coyote could have carried him off without a trace. That happened to us a few years ago. All the chickens and barn cats disappeared over a period of several weeks. That fall, 3 coyotes ran out of the corn field while we were harvesting. I noticed tonight that my BO hen wasn't in the coop when I shut it for the night, and thinking about it, not sure if she came out this morning, either. I'm guessing a coyote got her, or she's nesting somewhere.

I'm thinking coyote, If it had been an owl you would've found feathers somewhere as owls will sit & pull off & out anything not appetizing to them. A cat would've left a feather mess also., The only thing we've ever had take a chicken from us & not leave a trace was a coyote. We always left the dead fowl down at the river bed for them & they would be gone in the morning no trace that they ever were.

Back
Top Bottom