Rooster Drama ........ HELP!

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
I have 6 roosters. 2 Delaware Blue Hen roos, 1 Cochin roo, 1 cochin mix roo, 1 bantam cochin roo and 1 rir bantam roo. The bantams keep to themselves and don't bother anyone, the big cochin is the same way and so is his son, the cochin mix. The main problems lays with the Blue Hens.

Up until recently, everyone got along just fine. The son (Corky) of my older Delaware Blue Hen (Ceasar) has been stirring up problems, he is about 6 months old I guess. He has been trying to fight everyone. Now he won't let his father in the pen and sometimes even the yard. Now the other 2 roos have turned on Ceasar also. So now my poor Ceasar is being shunned by everyone. No one else is having issues, no fighting, nothing. I have plenty of hens, so that's not an issue. I am in the process of finding the younger roo a home, but until then , what can I do? I can't separate him because I don't have anywhere to keep him.

Sounds like Caesar lost his place as top roo. Now all the others will try to move up
past him in the pecking order.
Most likely they will all be ruthless with him. You may also see him looking sad/depressed.
The only thing I can think to do is to remove the one you're selling, put him in a makeshift
enclosure until you find a new home for him.

Back
Top Bottom