Rooster exibiting signs of aggression-but only...

Dtbcmb

Chirping
Jul 8, 2022
To my daughter! I have an 11 year old that loves helping with the chickens and bantams along with just playing outside in general (our chickens free range). Well we have a new rooster who was perfectly content with everyone including her-up until today. But I noticed he was drawn to her slippers!? They are a pinkish colored almost sandle like slipper with long fur on the top but a rubber bottom. She was just out picking flowers and he never followed her before-but kept following her and eyeing up the shoes-then attacked them (no damage was done as he is extremely small and my daughter was more confused at what he was trying to do-he's an oegb rooster). Do you think it is something to be concerned about-or possibly more just the clothing? Do roosters typically dislike certain colors/textures?? I've owned several large breed roos (EE, silkies-who obviously are also bantams lol and RIR) but never had any type of aggression from any of them to people-though I know it isn't uncommon.

Update-it isn't the shoes. Unfortunately I don't believe he's going to be staying with us. As he chased my 5 year old as we were going to the car. He's fine with me (who is obviously larger) but-i can't risk the aggression with the kids. They enjoy helping with the animals as well. And little or not-once those spurs come in you guys are definitely correct.

Update-it isn't the shoes. Unfortunately I don't believe he's going to be staying with us. As he chased my 5 year old as we were going to the car. He's fine with me (who is obviously larger) but-i can't risk the aggression with the kids. They enjoy helping with the animals as well. And little or not-once those spurs come in you guys are definitely correct.
Excellent decision.

Back
Top Bottom