1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster Feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Knight1992, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Knight1992

Knight1992 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    What can i feed my rooster to help him gain weight and how long does it take for a rooster to gain weight after loosing so much what can i feed him to get his weight back

2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

It would help if we knew what you are feeding him now.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Unmedicated chick starter is easily obtained. Also, Flock Raiser would be acceptable. But again, not knowing what you're presently feeding, these are just suggestions.

4. Knight1992

Knight1992 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    we are feeding him something we bought new today called rooster kicker the other called purina start and grow

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I like to feed gamebird feed. The one I use is something like 26% protein. It keeps my rooster and hens fat and happy, and their feathers glossy and shiney. Leftover meats from dinner will give him a good boost too...

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Depends on the reason for the weight lose.
    When was the lat time you wormed him with a good wormer?

If its been over 3 months, The first thing I would do is hit him with Fenbendazole then put him on a 18 to 20 percent protein feed.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by