1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster finally crowed

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GopherBoyFarms, Jul 26, 2008.

1. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Our chickens are 19 weeks old today. Last week a few started laying eggs, so far 5 eggs have been layed. Then this morning about 5 min after I let them all out Nikki our rooster crowed!! And now he hasnt stopped LOL.
    I figured he would be doing that soon since he has been doing his rooster job with the girls for about 2 weeks now.

Here is a picture of Mr. Nikki Roo
    [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on your first crow! He sure is a handsome boy. I've been wondering what the heck was going on since my one rooster, a light brahma, crowed at 10 weeks old, but not a peep out of his brother, a dark. Then this morning bright and early I heard a crow that I knew wasn't out of my light roo. Now I have two roosters crowing under my bedroom window @ 4:30 in the morning. [​IMG]

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    congrats, we had our first too but he waited till about 8am.

4. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    no one else has heard him so everyone is starting to think I am crazy! LOL
    I guess since I am the only one sitting out having coffee with the chickens I get all the entertaiment.

5. luvmyturkens

luvmyturkens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2008
    Our turken rooster, Flapper, starts at 5:00 am on the dot every morning. Then he wakes his buddy Peeper, an Americauna rooster, up. Now our silkie that we were giving the benefit of the doubt too started crowing. We were really hoping that he would end up being a hen. Wow 3 out of 5 chickens ended up being roos. I guess that gives me an excuse to get some more hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by