Rooster, Finally ??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Baralak, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well for the past 18 weeks I have said one time or another that I guess my ee rooster will never crow... Well at 3:30 this morning he decided he has waited long enough and belted out several loud crows..

Then at 6:30 he decided to do the same...

I'm glad that he started crowing... but why couldn't he wait till about, oh... 8:00 am..lol [​IMG]

Loudmouth, finally can be called Loudmouth. Here he is a couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Unfortunately no one's ever figured out how to put a timer in a rooster. They crow when they want to crow and that's about it.

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] I love hearing them crow! My first two crowed all through the night, now I have a nice EE that I rarely hear. I kind of miss it!

4. AllCoop'dUp

AllCoop'dUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Creswell, Oregon
    I have a Roo that looks alot like that and he hasn't started yet...although he has managed to get his fair share of the ladies without it so far!![​IMG]
    He must be the strong silent type!![​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    8:00 AM that's funny! [​IMG] Mine start at about 6:30 right now. In summer, it's usually 5:00. They are the natural alarm clocks!

I do agree though, 3AM is a wee bit too early.

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    My sister had to give up her rooster because of crowing.

The chickens weren't locked up in a coop at night, just put into the old dog run. Everynight the neighbor got up at 2 am to use the bathroom and would turn on the light. The dumb rooster would start crowing.

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Mine announce my night-time bathroom trips too. How rude!

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Look on the bright side...at least he ain't peeking in the window. [​IMG]

9. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:Look on the bright side...at least he ain't peeking in the window. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh don't get me wrong... I love to hear a Rooster crow.. It is one of the barnyard sounds I remember when visiting my uncles farm. And I am about as rural as you can get in Ouachita Parish So LET EM CROW baby!!!

Not to mention, I have 3 more out of my 11 that I hatched out 3 weeks ago that I know are Roosters.. LOL!!!!

My Neighbors will adore me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by