Rooster Free to Good Home - CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DTRM30, Aug 8, 2009.

1. DTRM30

DTRM30 Songster

May 25, 2009
    My kids have grown attached to him and don't want him turned into dinner, but I don't think my neighbors will be tolerant much longer of his wake up calls. I believe he is a comet - (sexlink) - but am not positive.
    Got him from TSC - he's 5 months old - not vaccinated as far as I know, but healthy - as are all of my hens. He's friendly - follows you around - is easily handled but he is a roo and occassionally pecks you. Nothing serious though.
    He's been named Foghorn. I also have another roo - but I believe he's going to be dinner unless someone takes him soon. I'll post a pic of him as well. Hopefully that won't be Foghorn's fate as well. I know roosters are hard to find homes for.

This is Foghorn -
    [​IMG]

and here is Leghorn - his tail is growing in - not sure why it's taking so much longer. Maybe it's because he's not the dominant of the two. He's not as friendly as Foghorn - hard to get near - but can be handled once caught.
    [​IMG]

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail as I don't get on this site very often. I'm in Connecticut - never shipped but will gladly do so if you provide all the info on how to do it.

[email protected]

Thanks - Diana

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Songster

Oh my gosh they do look the same. my guy is also nice and fellows me all around.
    good luck to us, finding them new homes.

3. DTRM30

DTRM30 Songster

May 25, 2009
    Well, I think I have it all lined up for them to be culled. I have a friend with a farm with the know how and equipment - and it may be done as soon as tomorrow.
    It's a shame, really, - Foghorn is a really good boy. Wish I knew a way to keep him quieter [​IMG]

This may be his last chance - if there is anyone out there who would like to save his life - please - let me know.

4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Before you cull them... have you tried Craig's list? I got rid of 2 of my roosters that way... and I can still visit if I want. They went to a good home where they can crow all they want.

Diana

5. DTRM30

DTRM30 Songster

May 25, 2009
    Thanks - I'll give that a try - hadn't thought of it ....

6. DTRM30

DTRM30 Songster

May 25, 2009
    I just wanted to say thanks to Diana for the suggestion. I listed these two guys on craigslist today - and think I've found a suitable home for them. I've had a few people respond who have large flocks and live far enough from neighbors where their crowing won't be an issue. Poor roosters, they are so unappreciated. I love my two guys and am glad that they will be going to a new home ! I wish everyone could sleep through their wake up calls like I do ! [​IMG]

Diana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: