1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster, free to good home.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by evade6317, Feb 5, 2007.

1. evade6317

evade6317 New Egg

Feb 5, 2007
    I bought this guy when he was only 4 months old for pest control. He did a fine job. Problem is, I just graduated college and will be moving out of my current residence and I can't bring my bird with me. He is a game breed, but he was my pet and I never once fought him. He did kill a rat once though. His breed is a Jerezano Postiza.

Here's a picture of him.

[​IMG]

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    It might help you to get answers if you post where you are and whether or not you will ship.

3. evade6317

evade6317 New Egg

Feb 5, 2007
    I'm willing to ship in the US. Not too sure on the shipping regulations, but I'll pay for it just to get him somewhere where he will be taken care of.

I'm in Daytona Beach, FL.

Here's some pictures of him hanging out on my shower curtain railing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a small farm if you are willing to ship

5. evade6317

evade6317 New Egg

Feb 5, 2007
    Can you give me some details about your farm. I know it sounds weird, but he is my pet and I just want what's best for him. I also want assurance that he wont be used for fighting.

I'm willing to ship. I just need some details about the best way to do it. Basically I need to know where I can get an appropriate shipping container to ship him. I've looked over USPS.com for details, but I didn't really find anything helpful.

6. Dogginfox

I have a small 7 acre farm in western NC

I have

4 Hens
    1 Duck
    6 Guineas

Here are a few pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will try to locate some info on shipping

7. ChrisnTiff

ChrisnTiff Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Crane, Missouri
    Shipping adult chickens is very expensive. I do believe it is somewhere about 35 or 40 dollars minimum. Good luck,

Chris

8. Dogginfox

9. evade6317

evade6317 New Egg

Feb 5, 2007
    I need to find a place where I can buy one of those shipping boxes and as long as you can promise me you won't fight him, he's as good as yours.

10. Dogginfox

I will promise you he will never be fought. let me know if i can do anything else to help you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by