Rooster gone bad

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Gamechick21, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Gamechick21

Gamechick21 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have a serious question I need to know if I'm right or not one of my roosters slipped to the other room and attacked my other rooster it was hard breaking them up and the rooster that got attacked was pecking the crap out of my boyfriend he stopped him from doing it I tried to calm him down at first and he about pecked me he was very aggressive with me and my boyfriend after he got attacked.Could the aggression toward me and my boyfriend be due to him getting attacked by the other rooster he was mad today I mean mad [​IMG]

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    If I'm understanding right ... the victim was pecking you and you BF??? If so maybe he was still in protection mode. Wait a few days, if he doesn't calm down... freezer camp [​IMG]

3. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    NanaWendy's right - watch him for the next few days and if he is still showing aggression, - freezer camp!

4. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I say send the meanie to freezer camp- no arts and crafts for him! [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    A simple and concise answer is yes. He was still ticked about the other rooster invading his territory. Sadly enough, once triggered this can become routine behavior. Has he calmed down today?

6. Gamechick21

Gamechick21 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    dont know if hes calmed down today i havent check and whats freezer camp i've never heard of it [​IMG] Thanks for the advice [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "Freezer camp" refers to killing the rooster and preparing him for the freezer. [​IMG] Personally, I don't think it's time for that yet unless the behavior escalates.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by