Rooster hackles new human hair trend

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LeafZoo, Jun 6, 2011.

1. LeafZoo

LeafZoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    Who would've thought it? If you have roosters that you are going to process anyway, you can be making a lot of money right now on sites like ebay by selling their feathers. Fly fisherman aren't happy about it.

Salons and fishing shops alike are selling out of rooster feathers - most popularly the hackles of certain breeds that are used for fly tying. Girls are hot-gluing them to a hair clip. The feathers can be washed, brushed and even curled once in the hair.

I read about it at this link, but you could just do a goodsearch.com/google.com for the new hair trend.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/high-fashion-or-bait-fly-ties-now-hair-extensions-2492725/

2. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Just last night I saw a teenage girl with them in her hair. When I mentioned it to my own teenagers, they told me its the hot new trend at high school for the girls to wear "feather extensions". [​IMG]

3. LeafZoo

LeafZoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    That's what they were called! I couldn't remember.

lol I'm too old for all of these whippersnapper trends. [​IMG]

4. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I can't go fishing anymore because of the outrageous prices of feathers lately. I've seen so many of these and people pay CRAZY prices for just a few. Heck if they want them that bad they can come into my coop and take some of the molting feathers but leave my fishing feathers alone! Side note: It's a good thing the bait shop knows me because Ken said he wouldn't sell to new women customers only established ones like me. And I've had several offer me good money to get them feathers from the shop but I like the fish to much to go for the bribe [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by