Rooster has a sore throat?

Chickenfeet

Songster
11 Years
Jan 12, 2009
Cleveland, Ga.
My most favorite rooster has lost his beautiful crow. He has no other symtoms other than being hoarse. Eating, drinking and poop is all normal. Is there anything I can give him? Could he have str:(ained his voice?
hit.gif

I've got nothing but Wow! I have never heard of that. I did have an encounter with a rooster who had been abused and the people tried to do something to stop it from crowing. It still crowed but it sounds like a broken door.

I hope someone has an answer for you!

He would crow all the time. I actually have 2 other roo's but his is by far the best. I promise he has never been abused, he doesn't even know he's a chicken. (rotten, rotten!!)
love.gif

Bad form? Rooster does sound hoarse, like he's gone soprano on us.....we actually bought crow collars but wanted to see if free ranging would help before we applied one. Lots of prayer on most humane solution....a little comical....

I know this is an old post, I'm hoping you're still active on this site. Did you find out what was wrong with your roo? I just rescued a small flock and they have a leg mite infestation. The roo sounds very hoarse. I haven't been able to get ahold of the original owners to see if this is "normal" for him, though I'm not sure I'd trust their word seeing as the mites are so bad....

Our roo is back to his old noisy self after several days of going soprano on us. Do you think mites caused anemia which may have depressed immune system, leading to a respiratory condition? Keep us posted....

Oh, I'm not sure. How do I tell if he's anemic? He's a huge rooster, my husband is guessing 20 lbs. his feathers look very nice and healthy. He has good color everywhere except the damaged scales from the mites.

Back
Top Bottom